Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

My ex wife would like to take me back to court to adjust our

Customer Question

Hi. My ex wife would like to take me back to court to adjust our holiday arrangement.
Would a judge do that?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Before I answer a bit more detail would be helpful please.
What are the grounds for the modification?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She states that she needs adjustment because she is unable to visit her family the way the decree is now. However, that is untrue. She wants to go back to court because I have custody of the children every Christmas eve and every other Christmas day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She states that other holidays are unfair also. I think it is fair and equitable equitable and the kids do you have time with each parent. I have given her several extra days over the past three years and for the first time I said no and she has contacted her attorney. I am just wondering if this would be considered.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The court will not modify the existing plan without a showing of harm or a reason that the child's best interests are served by changing the original plan.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

The court would want to see a change in, say, the school schedule, or some other objective reason for the change.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?