How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ANDREA, Your Own Question
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ANDREA, is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks detailed answer to my question about my MD boyfriend

Customer Question

Thanks for your detailed answer to my question about my MD boyfriend whose ex seems to be going the "voluntary impoverishment" route. As she is currently unemployed, what can my boyfriend do to gain [temporary] primary custody of his son, based on the fact that because he IS employed, he has the means to better support him financially -- i.e. what does the court need to see, in order to award him [temporary] primary custody, if there is such a thing? (They recently went to court in Aug where his child support payment was modified, and are due back in court in Nov to review her employment situation.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am another Expert on JustAnswer,

Were you requesting a specific expert, or may I assist you ?


Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.

Your answers to the following questions will help me in giving you a more complete Answer

1. Does the mother presently have primary physical custody ?

2. If so, when was it granted, and what type of rights were given to the father at that time ?

3. Other than the mother being unemployed, have there been any substantial changes in the life of the child, the minor, or your boyfriend ?

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply,


Expert:  ANDREA, replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you are still interested in an Answer to your question. f you are still interested, please be kind enough to give me the answers to the questions I asked you about 12 hours ago,

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,