How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118237
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is im 52 only dte of 5 kids youngest and father will

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** 52 only dte of 5 kids youngest and father will be 84 he is wonderful. Unfort my oldest bro has soent the last 7 years on a hate campaign against me to cause divion in fam this was at my moms death bed i took care of her. He told my dad sunday that i divorced him my dad thinks i am overly sensitive but he has heart surgery no one told me til after and it was my dasxthis beother removed mecfrom group email without telling others
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my question is how do i stop my brother Joes interference and his lying i dont care to continue a relationship w him at all
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
People say hurtful things to family all of the time, it is not illegal. If your father knows it is not the truth and is telling you to let it go, you are going to have to listen to your father because there is no legal action that you could file to stop your brother from making statements about you or treating you like he is treating you.
If your brother is trying to interfere with your father or your father's medical care, then you could get an attorney to go to court to seek to obtain guardianship over your father, but that is your only legal option available here.