How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed and when my wife was served - she blackmailed me to

Customer Question

I filed for divorce and when my wife was served - she blackmailed me to going back to sue me and my girlfriend for adultery and threatened not to ever have my son see me again-so i went back to her but now i realize i cannot really live with her- what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In California, adultery is not even a ground for divorce......and there is no such thing as a lawsuit for alienation of affection under CA any longer.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thus, the threat of her suing you or your girlfriend over the relationship is very unlikely.....and would likely be impossible to prevail if she did sue.

So, if you want to proceed, you'll just have to file again and go through the process.