Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In my 2006 divorce degree, my ex agreed to change her name.

Customer Question

in my 2006 divorce degree, my ex agreed to change her name. The decree states her legal name is ***** ***** her maiden name. In 9years she has yet to change it and i am constantly running into issues with her still claiming to be my wife. They get my wife
confused with my ex when it comes to school for kids, medical insurance or anything pertaining to our child. Is there anything that I can do legally?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: You can file contempt action against her for not complying with the Court Order. You can obtain contempt forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is that something that I can do on my own without a lawyer? If so is it expensive?
You can do it on your own without an Attorney.
If you decide to retain an Attorney, the fee that the Attorney would charge would depend on scope of services and your agreement with the Attorney. So, I cannot tell you exactly what the fee would be.