How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2485
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a child support balance of $16,000 with only $600

Customer Question

I have a child support balance of $16,000 with only $600 left of principle balance is there any way possible to get the remaining balance reduced my daughter is in the process of turning 21 years of age. what can I do? a prs
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.

Do you know whether you owe the money to the state or to the other parent? You might owe to the state if the other parent collected welfare. The answer to your question depends on who you owe the money to.

Related Family Law Questions