How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband is refusing to continue paying support son who

Customer Question

My ex husband is refusing to continue paying support for our son who is continuing on to University this coming September. He is retired from the Army where he has been employed since he was 17 years old. He says he cannot afford to continue paying support for his "first born" due to the fact that he has 3 other children from a subsequent marriage and he is retired. By not continuing his support, he is going against our divorce agreement. I am Canadian, and our son has resided with me solely since the age of 3 but was born in the US at Fort Hood in Killeen Texas. I need some advice regarding his payments and how I can ensure that he continues to pay at least half of payments that he has been making for the past 14 years. I thank you in advance for your assistance. Thank you, Megan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, as you were previously informed by numerous disclaimers, this service is limited to general answers to customers' legal questions and we do not provide any type of legal advice or legal service, as such can only be obtained from your local attorney upon review of your entire case.
Does your court ordered Marital Settlement Agreement states until what age your ex-husband is obligated to pay child support?