Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex husband is refusing to continue paying support son who

Customer Question
My ex husband is refusing...
My ex husband is refusing to continue paying support for our son who is continuing on to University this coming September. He is retired from the Army where he has been employed since he was 17 years old. He says he cannot afford to continue paying support for his "first born" due to the fact that he has 3 other children from a subsequent marriage and he is retired. By not continuing his support, he is going against our divorce agreement. I am Canadian, and our son has resided with me solely since the age of 3 but was born in the US at Fort Hood in Killeen Texas. I need some advice regarding his payments and how I can ensure that he continues to pay at least half of payments that he has been making for the past 14 years. I thank you in advance for your assistance. Thank you, Megan
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/18/2015
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, as you were previously informed by JustAnswer.com numerous disclaimers, this service is limited to general answers to customers' legal questions and we do not provide any type of legal advice or legal service, as such can only be obtained from your local attorney upon review of your entire case.
Does your court ordered Marital Settlement Agreement states until what age your ex-husband is obligated to pay child support?
Ely, Counselor at Law