How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have 2 daughter's one is 23 the other is 15. The father of

Customer Question

I have 2 daughter's one is 23 the other is 15. The father of the 15 yr old molested the 23 when she was 12 in California everyone lives in Nevada what can be done. When I found out my daughter and I went to the police station however he was able to manipulate the arresting officer and he didn't arrest him.
My 15yr old hates him locks her door at night
And remembered when she was 5 to 7years old he was still bathing her and touching her private area.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is not available at this time
I am sorry to hear of this situation.
Please tell me what is the question? What information can I provide for you in this regard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can be done regarding getting justice for my now 23 yr old and my 15yr old who hates living with him because she feels unsafe and remembered when she was 5 to 7 her father would bathe her and wash her private area and made her uncomfortable. My 15yr old now locks her door and her dad treats her unfairly. We all live in Nevada. What can be done for either daughters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My 23year old isn't related to my 15yr old's father.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This man has caused so much hurt and damage to my family over the years and his arrogance is beyond words. His ex wife works at a municipal courthouse in riverside ca which is why he knows how to manipulate the system and people. I would love to see him registered as a sex offender here in Nevada. Everywhere honestly but definitely here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another thing these things happened in California and now he has moved to las Vegas since 2014. I have been in Nevada since 2009 to get away from him. This man still wants my 23year old sexually. Did I mention my 23 year old has autism? She has been since birth but I didn't start receiving services for her until2004.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that she can contact the District Attorney in the county in California where these assaults occurred and tell them what happened, where, when, etc. Let the District Attorney decide if there is enough to proceed with prosecution at this time.

The CA Penal Code 799, 801, 803 allows for prosecution as stated:

A criminal complaint may be filed within one year of the date on which the identity of the suspect is conclusively established by DNA testing, if both of the following conditions are met:

(A) The crime is one that is described in subdivision (c) of Section 290.

(B) The offense was committed prior to January 1, 2001, and biological evidence collected in connection with the offense is analyzed for DNA type no later than January 1, 2004, or the offense was committed on or after January 1, 2001, and biological evidence collected in connection with the offense is analyzed for DNA type no later than two years from the date of the offense

So if the assaults were reported at the time and there was DNA collection at the time and no prosecution, there may still be a window of opportunity.

The other option, is the civil lawsuit and that can be filed within 8 years of the age of majority or by her 26th birthday

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you

Related Family Law Questions