How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an American expat working permanently in Saudi Arabia

Customer Question

I am an American expat working permanently in Saudi Arabia and reside in Bahrain. I am about to seek a divorce from my spouse in Ohio where we were married and she still lives.
I don't know what rights i have if i give up everything in our names to be left to my own life here.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What rights does my spouse have to my income in Saudi Arabia?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
There is a good summary of Ohio divorce law posted at
There is more information about property division posted at
You can get a free consultation from some of the divorce attorneys listed by location at
Earnings after the date of separation are generally awarded to the spouse who had the earnings. Earnings prior the date of separation are considered marital property.
Please follow up on this with a local attorney.
I hope this information is helpful.

Related Family Law Questions