How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31788
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Reduction of alimony. Ex admits he can pay but wants to stop

Customer Question

Reduction of alimony. Ex admits he can pay but wants to stop January 2017
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Alimony usually isn't a lifetime or permanent arrangement. Instead, in marriages lasting less than 10 years, a reasonable amount of time for support is considered half the marriage’s length. For marriages that last longer than 10 years, California Family Code Section 4320 state that the supported spouse should become self-supporting as soon as reasonably possible if the marriage lasted 10 years or longer.