How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9394
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am doing my divorce pro se in Dallas Texas (Dallas

Customer Question

I am doing my divorce pro se in Dallas Texas (Dallas County). The court returned my final decree saying that I needed a "Statement on family violence" I went to the law library, and they gave me a paragraph of text this the statement, but I don't know how to present that paragraph to the court with the decree. The decree is otherwise a standard Texas form.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
The statement has to be included in the decree and can be included as a finding of fact.
For example, "The Court finds that there is no history of family violence in this action."
I hope this information is helpful.