How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1369
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As of right now my daughter is out of jail and the charges

Customer Question

As of right now my daughter is out of jail and the charges of murder one were dismissed. Her boyfriend had committed suicide and they were charging her with his murder. Also there were drugs involved in which those charges are still pending against her. At the present time my grandchild is residing with the boyfriend's parents because of a temporary custody order. We in fact have a paper signed and notarized by my daughter saying that we have a paper signed by her giving us custody until further noticed but they will not honor it. I need to know what to do next so I can get my grandchild away from these grandparents. Also if my daughter were to go into rehab what would happen to the child.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 year ago.

What you will need to do is file for custody in court. What state are you located in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in North Carolina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Related Family Law Questions