Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

I make 30-35 (commission based job) and my soon to be x

Customer Question

I make 30-35 (commission based job) and my soon to be x husband makes 70k. We have one child and a house. I was wondering in Nebraska if alimony is something I should ask for or qualify. We have been married 9 years. I did go to massage school to add on to my Esthetic***** *****cense I already have while we were married. I have student loans do to that.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, did you file for divorce yet, or did your spouse? And if yes, you as yet did not ask for alimony, correct?

To answer directly you can seek some alimony if you wish. Generally alimony is calculated as being 15% to 30% of the difference in income between spouses. The length of time for alimony is typically from 50% to 7% of the length of the marriage. You do have to ask for it, it is not granted to you automatically.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not filed yet. I'm looking for an attorney and he has not filed to my knowledge

To find competent counsel you may want to browse the listings at www.avvo.com and www.martindale.com. There you can search by fees, location, experience, and expertise, and review past client testimonials as well as peer driven evaluations.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.