How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just mailed my ex wife a check the back child support i

Customer Question

I just mailed my ex wife a check for all the back child support i owed her the amoujt inpaid her is backed up by copies and proof of every payment ive made to her its cut and dry there is no arguing whats due but she just texted me and said she will not
cash the check and will see me in court despite me sending the full amount due along with proof of past payments clear and in chronological order can she do that what will the court think about that im not sure what she is trying to do i attached the letter
alomg with supportind documentation for every point in the letter i have uploaded the letter for review
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Your issue is about the back child support and you feel you have paid her the amount that is owed, correct? Is she disputing that this amount is the correct amount?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure she claims i owe for extracirricular activities such as clothes bday parties professional pictures but the part of the divorce decree she is referring to only says i owe for the educational expenses as it pertains to college i even sent her a definition of college but its clear another lawyer on her has read my entire divorce decree and the only thing i am responsible for is child support half of medical and college i have attached the part of the divorce decree she is referring to when she says i owe for extra cirricular
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Yes, that is what it appears to say. And so I suggest, that you can shot the court that you have paid the child support at owed and are up to date. And so, I agree with you that the support section refers to college sharing expenses.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

So, she can still proceed with a court hearing, But I suggest you have done what you are required to do.

Related Family Law Questions