How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31684
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2009 took my ex to court, he didn't show up hearing and a

Customer Question

in 2009 took my ex to court, he didn't show up for the hearing and a order was granted against him. He was served and it went to FRO. To this date he has paid nothing to me. I have just received a Motion of Change from him, where he wants to change the order to basicly nothing. Can this be done seven years after the order ,and will I loose all the money that is owed to me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The first thing you should do is file a motion to hold him in contempt of court for ailing to abide by the order and ask the judge to compel him to pay the money you are owed.

As for vacating this order - - if it is a restraining order - - it can be vacated if there is proof that there is no longer a need for the restraining order. But, if you are owed money under the order, the judge should require that to be paid regardless of whether the restraining order is allowed to expire.