Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a hearing in front of a judge today. This was another

Customer Question

Hi:
I had a hearing in front of a judge today. This was another hearing that resulted from a continuance. The lawyers and judges went to chambers and came out and my lawyer said here is proposal. I asked questoins and then we were in front of judge and I asked more questions and she said that if I want a hearing that she would terminate therapy and then she dismissed us from court. Now I never agreed to what was being proposed and it was again continued until december again.
Do i have any rights???? If I never agreed to this the judge said that if anyone was not complying that it should be reported right away. She has done this before and then when there is a complaint sent she never responds.
This is why I did not agree to this again. However what am I supposed to do now. Also, there was a contempt motion that she was supposed to finish up hearing today and cotnued that again also. How many times can you have this happen?
I want to see if there is anyway I can appeal or is there somehting I can do.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Hi:
Do i have any rights????

Response 1: Yes. You do have rights to voice your opinion and tell the Court what you want or need. However, the Judge does not have to agree to it.
If I never agreed to this the judge said that if anyone was not complying that it should be reported right away. She has done this before and then when there is a complaint sent she never responds.
Response 2: Even if you did not agree to it, you must comply with the Order.
I want to see if there is anyway I can appeal or is there something I can do.

Response 3: Unfortunately, you cannot appeal the ruling at this time. You have to wait to the next hearing on the case to voice your concerns. In the meantime, you must comply with the current Order of the Court.
I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can not appeal . one part that I really did not agree with is that I had to pay for my ex to go to this Dr also.
So when we go back in December and she does the same thing again . then what.
So she can keep never making a decision and saying come back in 4 months then what .
She doesn't let you present evidence and then you never know what was said in chambers and its not on record.
So I can not appeal . one part that I really did not agree with is that I had to pay for my ex to go to this Dr also.

Response: Hello, you asked a question. I gave an honest answer. I do understand your frustrations. However, I am only a messenger here and do not make the rules. If your ex is abusing the process, then you need to request for sanctions—ask the Court to sanction her for frequent violation of Court Orders.