How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have requested a motion to opt out of Friend of the Court

Customer Question

Hello. I have requested a motion to opt out of Friend of the Court services. I received an "ORDER EXEMPTING CASE FROM FRIEND OF THE COURT SERVICES", which is signed by both the judge and the Friend of the Court on April 29, 2015. The court is having me meet with the Friend of the Court on August 27, 2015 to review the proposed Judgment of Divorce to make sure it meets with the court's approval, before the final hearing which is scheduled for September 8, 2015. I would like to update the Judgment of Divorce to reflect this change, as well as ensure that all the information is correct and complete on the Judgment of Divorce. Thank you. Bill XXXXXX
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Specifically on the Judgment of Divorce, Items :# ***** Overdue Payments, # ***** Payment Routing and # ***** Income Withholding Implementation. My home phone # ***** ***** XXX XXXX. If you call, please leave a message and I will be sure to return your call. Thank you. Bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
What information would you like from us on this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. Because you are unable to discuss my concern over the phone due to law restrictions, I am going to check with a local attorney regarding my questions on the forms. I will let you know if I get this matter resolved. Thank you for your understanding. Bill
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I wish you the best.