How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is in Kinship care with my mother. She is 15.5

Customer Question

My daughter is in Kinship care with my mother. She is 15.5 years old. She had some issues with school and told her grandmother and I she is transexual and identifies as a male. .y daughter did not attend last two months of school last year and does not want to return to high school. She also has stated she would like to live with me as well. What do I do. I have hired attorneys in the past tryi,g to get custody. But judge did not allow it. Now she is older and wishes to move with me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives in Escambia county Florida.
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.
Sorry to hear about your situation. If the court order from the judge says that she can not live with you, then you would need to go to court and change that.
If it does not address that, then you can get permission from your mother for her to live with you. You just need her consent and I would get it in writing.
Unfortunately your daughter can't make that decision on her own since she is not old enough, so it would really be based on the court order and/or your mother's consent.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Take care,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know all that but my daughter has had sucidial thoughts in the past and was hoapitalize because of all this. I got custody of my two older sons at 16 and 17. They went through the same issues. I had to hire a lawyer in that case to. I called the gurdian ad litem. The case is closed but I thought it would be good to reach out to her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no crimal back ground and have never had any other issues. I am am capable of taking care of her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a new judge. The other judge retired.
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so as I explained above you can get the ok from your mother and she can come live with you.
If you decide to go to court the judge will always consider how much time has passed, how you are doing now compared to before, and any other circumstances you would like to share. That could all benefit you. Just because you didn't get custody last time doesn't mean you won't get it this time. I definitely think it's worth the try!
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Just reaching out to remind you that I have answered your question.
Please take a look at your answer and let me know if you have any follow up questions. If not, please close it out so that I get paid for my work with you.
Thank you and take care,
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer. I see that you were able to read all of my responses.
Please close out your question so that the system will not keep your money, which will enable me also to get paid for my time working with you. I also won't get paid unless I receive positive feedback.
Thanks so much and take care,

Related Family Law Questions