How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KimberlyLaw Your Own Question
KimberlyLaw, Lawyer and Real Estate Broker
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4219
Experience:  13 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
KimberlyLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have been in a court battle sons children due to stepdad

Customer Question

we have been in a court battle for my sons children due to stepdad and bio mom abusing them physically and sexually. My son was notified by MO DFS of the abuse after is oldest daughter told her school counselor and he lives in KS so it was turned over to KS after he picked the children up from ex-wife. Judge ruled children returned to ex-wife so was turned back to MO but court is in KS. We have had trail continued again and again to where it has now been 2 years and then when it was to be ruled on yesterday the Judge once again ordered written closing statements and gave lawyers 2 weeks to give them to him and when the court appointed lawyer asked for change of custody while waiting for final ruling Judge denied it even though the children has had 7 cased of head lice in the last 6 months. Both our lawyer and court appointed lawyer fell the Judge is showing favor to other lawyer. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to help out with your question today.
Sorry to hear about your situation. In regards ***** ***** judge, you are going to have to see what he or she does going forward. You have to let that part of it progress and don't want to do something to make it last even longer.
However, there are other things you can do in the meantime. You can have your lawyer make a motion for an order of protection and get the children removed from that home. There is no reason for the children to be there if their health and/or safety is at risk. I am surprised that the judge is even allowing that.
It is very possible that the judge is biased. There is a pretty high bar to prove that. You haven't told me anything that would be enough to take action on that, but if you do end up getting more clear evidence of bias, you can ask for a different judge. You would make a motion and ask him or her to recuse themselves, and then you would get a new judge. That's the best recourse you have.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Just a friendly reminder that you have an answer to your question.
Please take a look and let me know if you have any follow up questions. If not, please close out the question so that I get paid for my work with you.
Thank you and take care,
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
If you don't close our your question then the system will keep your money and I will not get paid for my time working with you.
Thanks so much and take care,