Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My ex is moving my daughter without giving my 45 day notice

Customer Question
with my permission . She...
My ex is moving my daughter without giving my 45 day notice with my permission . She also refuses to respond to me even though it is solely about our daughter . What should I do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
This is already in our court stipulation.
8/9/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file an Order to Show Cause for Contempt and bring her into court and ask the court to stop the move. You need to keep filing these orders to show cause every time she violates the court order, because typically the first time you file the court will warn her and will in many cases stop the move, but if she keeps violating the orders the sanctions get more severe so you cannot give up filing these orders for contempt.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer