How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118763
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in nc. My wife left me yesterday dad. I have two

Customer Question

I live in nc. My wife left me yesterday for my dad. I have two children. What can I do to protect and keep them. My wife and dad are currently living together.
Submitted: 2 years ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it legal for them to get married, and my children are 8 (girl) and 6 (boy). They are obviously having trouble with their mom and grandfather being together. I love my wife and want her back, but I am not willing to loose my children over this and do not want them confused by this lifestyle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think it would be possible to get sole custody? I do not want to keep the children from seeing their mother, I am just concerned about their wellbeing. My dad has been a mental patient before and tried busting out my car window with his fists when he saw a guy he didn't like riding with me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In this type of situation, it is highly likely the courts will consider it not in the best interests of the children to observe this situation. The prior violence of your dad would also be a factor in whether or not the court will allow the children to remain there. Sole custody based on this situation is a very good possibility, since this is not a normal situation and your father can be demonstrated to not be safe or fit to be around the children based on his violent conduct.