How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29981
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I modify the amount I am requesting in pendent lite

Customer Question

Can I modify the amount I am requesting in pendent lite before the Request for Order Hearing in CA divorce? If so, with what Form and Documents filed with the Court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, you can.
This can be done by submitting a new Request for Order letting the judge know how much money you're seeking instead. Under the type of order, you're allowed to state that it's an Amended Request for Alimony Pendente Lite. If the hearing is coming up in the next 16 court days, then you'd also need to ask to reschedule the hearing so the other party has time to respond.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thank you. I have a follow-on related question!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I filed my Request for Order for pendent lite and attorney and accountant fees in January 2015. We have delayed and delayed the Hearing, but it is now scheduled for Aug. 17, 2015. The Opposing Counsel submitted his Form FL-320 "Responsive Declaration to Request for Order" along with "Memorandum of Point and Authorities in Response to Petitioner's Request for Order Regarding Spousal Support and Attorney Fees and Costs" and some Declaration Documents. Can I now respond to their documents? If so, which Form do I use and what type of document do I draft? I am representing myself, obviously.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
No, there's no response to a response to a motion. You'd only reply if they asked for something new and different (rather than just asking the judge not to grant your motion).