Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am seeing if I can adopt my 25 year old stepson after I

Customer Question
got divorced he moved to...
I am seeing if I can adopt my 25 year old stepson after I got divorced he moved to NC with me he was 18 both biological parents alive but I am mom have been since he was 4
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/8/2015
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Yes, since he is an adult, as long as he is mentally competent, if he consents to being adopted, there is nothing that would legally prevent you from entering into an adult adoption to make him legally your son in the same standing as a biological child.

.

This would sever his legal relationship with his bio parents and would make you his legal parent.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer