How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118780
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am fighting of children. Second court date because judge

Customer Question

I am fighting for custody of children. Second court date because judge told the wife to get an attorney. She said she couldn't afford and so representing herself. She starts to cry on how she can't afford a lawyer and the judge approves one for free. She earns about 20K more than me. She doesn't pay bills in house and has an apartment, which she won't live in until 'she gets the kids' . She having an affair but refuses to leave the bedroom. Now the court postponed for another three months. And so they say that I can't do anything about this?-what about my mental state knowing she's sleeping with someone while we are still married and in my bed. I used up a few dollars to get an attorney but I really can't afford it. Really, really stressed out and everyday she says nasty comments in front kids....don't know how much longer I can deal with this...need advice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Basically, someone is advising her on how to play the system and the judge is allowing it. Unfortunately, once the court has continued the case, there is nothing you can really do to change that at this point other than you need to get evidence she is lying to the court. Once you have evidence she is lying to the court, then you can file a Motion for Sanctions against her for presenting false information to the court to get a free attorney and to get the continuance and it is through the motion for sanctions that you would get your monetary recourse and also your justice.