Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I just found out that I have a 5 year old child and the

Customer Question
mother was on tanif to...
I just found out that I have a 5 year old child and the mother was on tanif to the tune of about 15k. I understand I will need to pay the state back but is it in a lump sum or monthly payments? Also will I need to pay back Medicaid or food stamps?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/7/2015
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Was child support ordered in this case?
we have not yet been to court
Thank you for your follow up.
Can you please let me know how did you found out about this child?
Was paternity test done?
Please provide me with more details, so I can better understand this situation.
Thank you.
The mother contacted me a few months back. She is willing to wave child support once she goes back to work. i'm just wondering how paying back the state works
Thank you for your follow up.
Is your name on the child's birth certificate?
Did you take paternity DNA test yet?
Are you absolutely sure it is your child?
i'm sure no name is ***** ***** birth cert i'm sure the child is mone
Thank you for your follow up.
Was paternity test done or paternity test ordered by the state?
What is your annual income?
Ely, Counselor at Law