Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I've been married 8 years and we are talking about

Customer Question
good day I've been married...
good day I've been married for almost 8 years and we are talking about divorced. we have 2 little girls. we live in texas I have few questions hopefully you can help me out. I want to try to protect my girls financials as much as I can since Im sure as
soon as we get divorce he wont be helping me with child support 1) He owns his own business, but he is not making much money and wants to close it, truth is he doesn't want to work at all. His mother gave him some money on her will, money that he uses to pays
bills and also to invest in stocks. (around 500k) how will the court help me to get child support if he is not working? closes the business? He is an MD so he gets jobs offers daily, but he doesn't want to work! he hasn't work since 2007 (well, we open his
clinic, but he opens for 4 hours and sees one patient at day) Can the court make him get a job? or how can my girls be supported? (they are almost 4 and 2 years old) 2) He bought a house for 500K on 2001 (we got married 2007, I think the house was valued at
750K at that time) the house right now is worth 900K or more whats better for me financially and less complicated for the divorce? sale the house before the divorce? or when we get divorce will I still get the same value (900-500=400/2= 200k each?) or will
it be 900-750(value of home when we got married)=150/2= 75k each? 3) As I already explained to you he doesnt want to work and Im using my CC (so is he) so my debt is growing a bit. I know the debt we accumulate together at time of the divorce we have to split
it. My worry is he keeps taking money from family and now he is looking for loans to keep paying bills. so I'm getting worry. Could you explain to me the benefits and down faults if I failed separately next tax season? At the moment Im not working, but I m
starting to look for a job and perhaps if I failed separately my girls can get some kind of scholarship for prek-K (private school) Since we live in a house that keeps accumulating value, Im concerned that If I file separately and it takes 1-2 years more for
me to file and get divorce I wont be getting my fair share of the house value? Could you explain to me the benefits and down faults if I failed separately next tax season? thank you so much *** I cant find the tax attorney or general law category in the site
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/7/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle family law matters.
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and the volume and complexity alone of your many questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs.
If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
If you are not interested I will opt out and allow another profession to consider responding.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Ely, Counselor at Law