Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If a divorced parent allows the other parent to stay few

Customer Question
If a divorced parent allows...
If a divorced parent allows the other parent to stay for a few days (homeless), but the homeless moves in w/o the owner being present, is that illegal in OK?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/7/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you saying that one ex allowed the other to stay a few days and that ex then moved their things in without permission and will not leave?
2. Was the homeless ex staying there when they decided to move all their things in?
Doug
The ex has permission, but the child allowed him in the residence while the other was at work. None of his things were already at the residence, beforehand.
no, the homeless ex was not staying there.
I'm not clear on the facts.
The ex has permission to do what?
What does the child have to do with this?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
The ex HAS permission to move in.
The child let him into the house while the her mother was at work. The mother didn't know he moved in while she was at work.
Forget it.
Thank you, ***** ***** that I finally understand.
For ease of discussion, as regard the ex's---I'll call them mom and dad.
Mom has a place, dad is homeless (or maybe the opposite---it doesn’t matter as far as the law id=s concerned). Dad asks mom if he can stay there for a few days and mom says sure. Then, when Mom is at work, dad brings his things and moves in when the child lets him in.
If that is what happened, and you are asking whether any law has been broken, the answer is no.
So long as Mom told dad that he could come stay for a few days, dad did not break any laws by coming with his things while mom was at work. If the child allowed dad into the home and dad did not break in, then there is no legal issue and no crime committed.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law