How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter suffers from 10 years of BWS. My son-in-law has

Customer Question

My daughter suffers from 10 years of BWS. My son-in-law has went to jail twice for battering their children and her. When they divorced my daughter had a pro-bono lawyer from SARC and he still managed to get joint custody. About 6 weeks ago he started sending officers for well children checks and nothing was ever found to be wrong. He has never paid child support and the day my daughter had papers served for back support he went to court and was granted temporary custody citing abuse, neglect and starvation.
Really? My daughter is depressed due to years of BWS but the girls are fine. How can someone like him have the kids ever? He was found guilty in court twice of DV and served time. When the girls come back from his house they always said he hurt them. How could the SARC lawyer let this man have visitation?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am truly sorry for this dilemma...but I do not understand your specific question. Do you have a specific question? Would it help to chat on the phone about this?