Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I gave my Cousin Guardianship of my grandchild in Kentucky

Customer Question

I gave my Cousin Guardianship of my grandchild in Kentucky till I got established there . But she moved to Texas with out permission . What can be done .
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not moving to Florida I'm already establish here in Kentucky .
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You have a right to terminate the guardianship and go and get the child. As you were the person who granted the guardianship, you have the right to terminate the guardianship and you should do so and if she will not return the child you can take her to court to force her to return the child.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well is there anything that can be done where she just up and moved to Texas with out permission . Since the Gardianship is from another state does Texas acknowledge the guardianship paper over permanent custodian paper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just gave her the guardianship of the child for me to move get established in Florida and then she moves and doesn't notify court of wanting to move child out of state . Is Texas going to recognize the guardianship since she didn't even petition Texas either before she moved .
Thank you for your reply.
Unless you seek to revoke the guardianship or take her to court, Texas will recognize the guardianship paper only until you revoke it. Once you revoke it, as permanent guardian you will be able to get the child back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see . Thank you for the help.
Thank you so much
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.