How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31786
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced. We split assets. One asset (roth ira)is still

Customer Question

I am divorced. We split assets. One asset (roth ira)is still in both of our names but it should now be only in my name. My ex wife's attorney was to correct but did not. I have her agreement to change to my name but the brokerage company who manages the account needs some legal forms to correct. How do I accomplish this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is generally handled as part of the property settlement agreement, so the simplest thing would be to file a motion to amend the PSA and include her waiver there. Once you have the new order, that will resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok how do I do that our do I need an attorney to do?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

You could attempt it alone, but it would be easier with a lawyer.

Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

If the court clerk has forms, you may be able to attempt it alone.....but having a lawyer handle it would ensure its done right.