How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my sons father stop child support now that he is going

Customer Question

Can my sons father stop child support now that he is going to college?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That very much depends on the way your support is drafted. My support orders end when the child turns 18 or finishes high school, whichever occurs later. Some support orders are extended until the child finishes his or her undergraduate degree. But that has to be listed additionally, and if it is not listed, the other parent can indeed seek a termination of obligations once the child goes to college.


Dimitry, Esq.