How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I asked if a judge could award my separate property to my

Customer Question

I asked if a judge could award my separate property to my spouse. I want a citation of a case to go to court or demand that this issue be addressed. With no case law and only a vague concept, that will not do anything for me in a courtroom. The attorney
answering my question didn't provide any more detail than I could get googling the question anywhere on the Internet. He only mentioned the construct of fraud. I need an answer that details how a claim of fraud would be used and a citation to a case to use
as reference for research and in citing my position in a declaration.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by "award my separate property to my spouse"? Is this in the context of a divorce? And if so, what is your reason for wanting to do this?

Related Family Law Questions