How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced since 2005. The divorce started in 2002

Customer Question

I have been divorced since 2005. The divorce started in 2002 and my ex husband was not cooperating. He was ordered to pay child support in the amount of 750.00 per month and keep insurance on the kids. I have 2 boys 13 and 14. We havent heard from him
since 2007. Neither of my boys wants to have anything to do with him as they both have unpleasant memories of visits with him. He was awarded supervised visitation at first then unsupervised. He almost never saw them, maybe 10 times total for my youngest son.
Last time we went to court he was found in contempt due to not paying support. Hes made 7 payments total in 2003 and 2004. usually around a court date. What can I do now? Our divorced was in Placer county in California but we now live in North Carolina. I
would like to collect the child support that is owed if possible. I have full custody of both boys. At the last court visit I believe his visitation was 2 hours a week. But again he never used it. When I last saw him I had him sign a paper acknowledging that
we were moving back east and he had no issues with it. I also have never changed my phone number, he was given my parents phone number and left a forwarding address for him. So he has all contact information.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you can contact your local child support enforcement, have a copy of your CA order and request they assist in collecting the child support. You will need to have his social security number and if you have an employer or home address, that will be beneficial

Here is the phone number for the NC Child Support Enforcement agency.(###) ###-####so that you can have them explain the process.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help. I will give them a call
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating. Good luck.