How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16713
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Boy was adopted in 2006 milwaukee, wi. He wants to see s bio

Customer Question

Boy was adopted in 2006 milwaukee, wi. He wants to see his bio dad and his bio dad wants to see him. Mom will not consent, vigorously, is there legal help or advice .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
How old is the boy?
Was this boy legally adopted?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will be 16 on 8/14/2015
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
birth mother and her husband asked for and I agreed to comply
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, once a child is legally adopted, the bio parents loss any and all parental rights and if bio parent tries to see the child, even if the child wishes to see the bio parent, not only it would be against the law, but the bio parent can also be charged criminally with interference with the child custody.
Unfortunately, generally, the only way bio parent might be able to see the adopted child is when the child becomes and adult and turns 18 and no longer would be subject to child custody of his adopted parents.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.