How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Huband, Esq. Your Own Question
S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1628
Experience:  Experienced, and knowledgeable family law attorney.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Huband, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and have been paying support years now.

Customer Question

Hi I live in California and have been paying for Child support for 3 years now. I recently did a DNA test on my "daughter" and it came back that there was 0% probability that I am her bioligical father. I am already the established father through the eyes of the court. I was told repeatedly by my ex gf that i was the father of the child. It wasn't until last year that she started bringing around the same man she had relations with outside of our relationship 5 years ago that i became more suspicious about me really being the bilogical father. I am very hurt at this point and feel like I was decieved. My ex girlfriend on the other is now saying that i knew that I was not the bioligical father this entire time (not true) and even told me to sign my rights over to her and "Jaime Alvarez" (the other man) then. Which to me, means that SHE knew the entire time that I was not the biological father. She is a horrible person that has literally put me through hell and back with custody battles in court as well as with child support, I have lost my place to live and became behind on bills and even had my car repossesed because of the high amount of child support I have been paying. This has been a real burden on me, and now come to find out, I am not even the biological father. Please tell me what I need to do to get my name cleared, the child support stopped, and truth out there. I do not have any money to pay a lawyer so i need all the help I can get. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the opportunity to assist you. I'm sorry for what you've been through.
Try these forms:
These are a request to the court to set aside (erase) any judgment of paternity in your case. It's that judgment that requires you to pay child support. This is the equivalent of terminating any parental rights you may have. Until the judgment of paternity is set aside, you're still legally the parent and thus are required to pay child support.
I hope my response has been helpful. If you have follow-up questions or concerns on this topic, please ask. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can, although I may not be online at the moment you respond.
Otherwise, I hope you will rate my answer positively as that is the ONLY way I receive credit for my work, and doing so will NOT cost you an additional fee.
Best wishes to you,

Related Family Law Questions