How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been getting child support 4 yrs& in the support is

Customer Question

I have been getting child support for about 4 yrs& in the support is half of the health insurance.But about 3 years ago,I switched jobs I had to get health ins for my child on my own.I was paying about 100 more a month then I was when I worked at my other job.My ex did not give me more a month for the new ins.Yesterday I asked him to pay his part for my child sport that he has been playing for yrs, which I was told he is suppose to pay part of that too& hasn't been.He was only paying half of the raffles.When I went to a new job about 6mths ago I was making alot less& my child was able to get family care. for 3 mths I have not been paying for my child but come sept. my child will be back on private insurance under me. When I asked for the half of the fee for the sport, I was told no, use money for ins that he pays a month&I told him, I have been paying about 1100 more then him over the 3 yrs& he said he does not care& isnt paying sport or ins. can I get pd for back pay for ins&sport
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest that if the Father is not paying what he has been ordered to pay, you can file a Contempt Proceeding in the court that issued the child support order. And you can do that on your own, by getting the forms from the Clerk of the court.

If what he is currently paying is not sufficient due to an increase in the needs of the child, I suggest you can file a Modification to have the child support re evaluated and make a request for an increase. You also can do that on your own, by getting the Modification of Child Support forms from the clerk of the court and filing those.

Those are the avenues available to get the money you are requesting that he is denying.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you