How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have social security death index of mr strp mother how do

Customer Question

i have social security death index of mr strp mother how do i find when she changed fom maiden name to marriage name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
A change from a maiden name to a married name is ***** ***** to be reported anywhere but to social security, and even then, years ago many times it was not reported for years after a marriage took place. There is no requirement of a court order, and unfortunately, social security will not release such records to the public.
As a rule though, in past history, the wife typically took her husband's last name immediately upon marriage and so absent other information to the contrary it is quite likely that your stepmother changed from her maiden name to her married name on marriage to your father.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,