Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If the mother of my child asked me to give consent 17 years

Customer Question
ago for her to leave...
If the mother of my child asked me to give consent 17 years ago for her to leave the country and I relinquished parental rights, can the mother now take me to court for back child support?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/3/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Did the court order the relinquishment of your rights?
2. Id the mother threatening to apply for child support?
3. Where are the mother and child residing now?
4. What state was the child born in?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Doug
Ely, Counselor at Law