Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

MY DAUGHTER PASSED 4 YRS AGO, 2yrs ago my ex son in law stop

Customer Question

MY DAUGHTER PASSED 4 YRS AGO, 2yrs ago my ex son in law stop us froming seeing or talking to my only grandson. w e did get to talk to him 1 time in 2 yrs. but with his father listerning and telling us, what we could say and what we couldn't say. also said
don't ask my grandson to come and stay with us, meaning me and my father.. he would never stay with us or come and see us. we don't hv a lot of money, so I was wondering can I myself get a packet to petition the FAMILY LAW JUDGE MYSELF FOR VISITION RIGHTS.
KEEP IN MIND ,I HV BEEN TRYING EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF. THE WOMAN MY EX SON IN LAW MARRIED HAS LOST ALL 3 OF HER CHILDREN, NO PARENTAL RIGHTS WHAT SO EVER. SHE TRIED TO KILL THEM. in I think 2012. any way I was help by a friend to send me a pic of my grandson,
with the top of his head split wide open. he was supposly fell up steps. they live I Fairmont wva, CPS which I hv made a report to 5 times, said they cant investagate unless I get the address.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter.

Yes, W VA law does permit the Grandparent visitation rights. And you can read that law at this LINK I suggest that you can check with the clerk of the court in the county where your grandson lives - because that is where it needs to be filed - and ask the clerk for the packet of documents to file, pro se - without a local attorney - so you can request grandparent visitation.

I suggest, if the clerk does not have those forms and you want to continue without a local attorney you can ask the clerk to make copies of the documents from a similar file where the grandparents filed and were awarded the visits.