How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how can I find out if my ex husband

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to know how can I find out if my ex husband married his former wife while married to me. We are having legal problems and I need this information. What do I need to do to find this info?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Do you know what state, county, country they would have been married in? And an approximate year?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.


They married in Palmira Valle, Colombia . We divorced on December 10,2010. I thought he had married between January and April of 2011. At a court session we had to attend concerning properties we own his lawyer made a statement that raised my concern in thinking he might of married before our divorce thinking he might of married at the end of 2008 or beginning of 2009. His name is***** he is Puerto Rican and his wife Liliana XXXXXX from Cali, Colombia. Their address is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. His wife entered this country on March 2012.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

Thank you

I suggest that you can contact the US consulate in the Embassy of Bogata/Columbia and they should be able to help you with locating any existing marriage records. I suggest you can email the Embassy at***@******.***

You can get the information on where those records are stored and you should be able to have the US Consulates office research those records for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Wouldn't they know in Inmigration ? Isn't that information asked when she came into this country?

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.


Yes. She would have to disclose if married when and where - but she may not have told them the correct date.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

I suggest that if you want to know the correct date, you need to get those marriages documents.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Related Family Law Questions