How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad is buying me a new house but both our names are going

Customer Question

My dad is buying me a new house but both our names are ***** ***** the title. He doesn't like me husband can he keep my husband from moving in with me even though we've already bought a house while married and have been married for 2 years and I'm on the title as well? Id hate to see him have no place to live. We have a 8 month old son who needs his father around as well
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He cannot keep your husband from moving into the marital home if your name is ***** ***** deed as an owner together with your father's name. If this is going to be an issue with your father, until you get that issue resolved you need to reconsider his offer because all he will do is cause you problems and he cannot refuse to allow your husband to live there as long as your name is ***** ***** deed.