How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2510
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have temporary guardianship of our now 28

Customer Question

My husband and I have temporary guardianship of our now 28 yr old daughter who was in an auto accident and a six month coma at 18 we have worked with her physically and mentally for years and as a family we agreed she should have custody of herself now she is very capable even though she needs some assistance with physical duties her mind is good but we cannot afford an attorney what form in Michigan should she petition with she wants to face the court for her personal rights back
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.

This is the Petition to Terminate Guardianship. You will need to serve a copy of the petition on all interested parties. You will also receive a Notice of Hearing form (PC 562) and a Proof of Service form (PC 564), you will need to keep these forms with you until you receive a hearing date and time from the Probate Court. When you file, ask for a hearing date and time. Once you are given a hearing date and time from the Court, you will fill out the Notice of Hearing form with the information given to you. ƒ You will then fill out the proof of service with file number, name, title of papers served (which will be a copy of the petition to term/mod guardianship as well as the completed Notice of Hearing. You will then have to fill in who, when and how you served the interested parties in the case either by mail (must be sent 14 days prior to the date of the hearing)or personal service (must be served 7 days prior to the date of the hearing). You sign and date this form and file the original Notice of Hearing and Proof of Service to the Probate Court, keeping any copies you may need for your own records. Do you have any other questions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No further questions I can think of at the moment will I be able to follow up later if needed
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.

Once you are done asking questions, I would appreciate if you would accept my answer so that I may get credit for my work.