Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am divorce and my ex is in the military - the twins are

Customer Question

i am divorce and my ex is in the military - the twins are 11yrs but he has not called them in 9 years. I kept on trying for him to have a relationship with them but he said he does not produce disable kids. so i gave up after the six year. He said in our divorce he would pay childsupport because the military would make him do it and thats the only reason dont know why he was like this he said i never did him any wrong. He also promised us 15% of his retirement when he leaves the military and the children copay and half of the children medical doctors bill. the no contest divorce was also suppose to state that he would be paying for the kids through out their lives to help with them thats why he agreed to the 15Percent. i was distressed and moved from california and when i got the divorce degree i only saw the payment but nothing saying the kids was special needs and no retirement pay. can i go back to court and ask for this. the divorce said that we can modify if needed to.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes. That is a very important omission. If the children are special needs they would need support from their father beyond the age of majority.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can i hire you to write the info for contempt of court and to enter that statement of giving the children what is due to them. the last time i attended court was over the phone
Response: Unfortunately, I cannot represent you. I cannot contact you outside of this forum. The terms of service prohibits it.
California Courts website is very user friendly. You can find most forms you need on that site and how to complete the forms. Other forms can be obtained by calling the Courthouse, the Clerk's office. Click on the link below for California Courts self-help center:
http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp.htm