How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

DSS came in and took my grandchildren from my son at 5pm

Customer Question

DSS came in and took my grandchildren from my son at 5pm yesterday based on a lie the mom told - what are his rights
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to know if what our legal rights are - since this was done at 5PM on Friday no one is open over the weekend. Can I as the grandparent request that the children be placed with me, due to the fact that she says the child has been sexually abused by my son - but yet she has this boyfriend living there, since we do not know if she has been I would think removing her from anyone that has contact male with her would be in her best interest - please advise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already paid the $5 deposit when do I talk to someone?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I apologize but live phone calls, unlike in other sections on, can be deemed practice of law which is forbidden by state laws as we do not and cannot represent you in any legal matter. I would be happy to continue with you in this forum if you would like to use reply. Thank you for understanding.
Unfortunately, you are dealing with a serious allegation, even though it may be false, and spiteful parents particularly do this on a weekend so your son cannot exercise his legal rights and get an attorney to get to court and get the child returned until Monday. Even you as a grandparent cannot do much in the way of asking the social worker for a family placement until the allegations are resolved until Monday.
However, on Monday, two things need to happen if you want to resolve this quick as possible. First, you need to get your son an attorney, because DSS social workers are generally grossly negligent and incompetent and they exercise their own personal bias and personal agenda, regardless of what is best for the child and the only way to minimize this is when a parent has an attorney. Social workers hate it when parents get an attorney and try to discourage it because they cannot abuse the parent's rights when an attorney is involved and they cannot fabricate evidence or tell parents one thing and do something else.
Second thing you need to do is you need to contact the social worker and explain that the mother has a boyfriend live in and you know nothing about his backgrounds and try to get the social worker to agree to placing the child with you as family with the guarantee that you will not let your son in your home or around the child until this matter is cleared (this is the only way they would agree to the family placement).

Related Family Law Questions