How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37832
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter turned 18 on July 14th and I was paid whole

Customer Question

My daughter turned 18 on July 14th and I was paid for the whole month of support. Do I owe the dad half of the money back?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If your decree states that you are to pay on the 1st of the month until the child turns 18, then he would owe support for the entire month of July, even if the child turned 18 mid month..Child support is not pro-rated when it is terminated based on the child's date of birth. For some children, born on the 30th, it would be a full month, for other's, born on the 1st, it would be one day. It is not done this way. The final month of support (if paid monthly) is the month the child turns 18. ..thanksBarrister