How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29979
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I still have to support my child until the age of

Customer Question

Do I still have to support my child until the age of nineteen. My ex stated that she says I have too even thought the court order is set for it to end when he is eighteen
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Child support terminates when the child turns 18, as long as the child has graduated high school. If they haven't, then support is extended until the child turns 19. Cal. Fam. Code, Section 3901. That's what your court order should say. If your child won't graduate by his 18th birthday, your ex can seek to have support extended if the order says that support ends at 18.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.