Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Is it legal spouse to remove family savings from a joint

Customer Question

Is it legal for a spouse to remove family savings from a joint bank savings account and place the funds in a stock market sole proprietorship account owned by the same spouse without knowledge of the other spouse?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
If the account is in both names and only one signature is required for withdraw, there is nothing illegal about it. Unfortunately, it is a relationship concern and not a court or legal problem.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you