How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 102380
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband appealed the divorce and custody, is been about

Customer Question

my husband appealed the divorce and custody, is been about a year that our case is sitting in the supreme court office in Iowa, there is a sexual abuse investigation against him but this just come out I would like to file a motion to the supreme court to let them know about it but since this is with supreme court waiting for decision, I dont know how to comunicate with them which kind file will be the best Note: i am pro Se and I have represented my self in this case. thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not to participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature. What was the name of the pleading that you filed with the Iowa Supreme Court in order to initiate/defend the review process by said Court?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
No - not the case number. I mean the pleading's name, such as "motion to appeal" or "petition for review," etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I havent file anything yet that is actually my question which plead should I file to inform the supreme court or to update the case

Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
This would be called a "Petition for rehearing in Iowa Supreme Court." See here for an example:
Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.