How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

CALIFORNIA DIVORCE. We had a Child/Spousal support hearing

Customer Question

CALIFORNIA DIVORCE. We had a Child/Spousal support hearing on 5/28. She has an attorney and I am Pro Per. During the hearing, the support amounts were determined for me to pay monthly. Yesterday (on 7/28) I received a court stamped FL-340 (Order after
hearing) from her attorney. It appears that her attorney filed it directly with the court and did not send it to me for review first. I noticed that she failed (I suspect intentionally) to indicate that a Gavron admonition was given to her client (my ex-wife).
I have the Minute Order that clearly indicates the Gavron. Following are my questions: 1) If I do not file an objection/amendment to the FL-340 that her lawyer filed; does that vacate the Gavron shown in the Minute Order? 2) If answer to Question 1 is “no”,
what repercussion I may face for not objecting to the filed FL-340 assuming all other orders were entered correctly? 3) What is the process of objecting and amending the filed FL-340?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.
Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.
I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Related Family Law Questions