How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 38225
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Oklahoma if parents are not married and no custody has been

Customer Question

In Oklahoma if parents are not married and no custody has been set up in court but the state has ordered the father to pay child support, who legally has custody? Child is now 12 has lived with the mom until last summer and since then they have allowed him to go back and forth. Now can't agree on what grade to enroll him in. Who has final say?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..The mother would be the default physical custodial parent in the absence of any court order stating otherwise. If there was a dispute over who had the final say about the school enrollment question, then either parent could file a motion in the court that set the child support amounts to have a judge determine who has the right to make that decision..But as a general rule, if the child lives with one parent during the school year normally, then that is the parent who would have the right to determine where the child was enrolled. If the other parent objected, they can then seek primary custody through the courts and then they would have the final say...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome..Did you have any further questions I can help with?..thanksBarrister